My philosophy is to work in partnership with Tamar Wellbeing clients. This is where you can be actively involved to gain the most from your massage. To give your body sufficient time to adjust after your massage and to maintain the benefits from your massage for as long as possible I recommend that you consider the following for the first 24 hours:
- Plan to do something relaxing afterwards and avoid any strenuous activities.
- Drink water or herbal tea regularly and avoid stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol or chocolate.
- Eat light meals and avoid having a huge feast.
- If you smoke…try to delay for as long as possible after treatment.
How you might feel
Along with the many benefits of your massage, some people may experience any of the following:
- Going to the toilet more often.
- Feeling more emotional.
These reactions should only be temporary, lasting 24-48 hours. If you feel unsure of your reactions, don’t hesitate to contact me for advice and so I can update your consultation notes.
If you should suffer any severe reactions contact your GP and let me know so that I can update your consultation notes.